January 2017 Undergrad Research Ethics Workshops
Jan 17, 2017 11:30 AM
Jan 24, 2017 12:20 AM
|Contact Name||Karen Szala-Meneok|
|Add event to calendar||
ARE YOU AN UNDERGRAD & PLAN TO DO RESEARCH WITH HUMAN PARTICIPANTS?
Learn helpful hints on how to complete the research ethics application! (*For Social Science/Humanities/Business/Engineering & Science student researchers)
This is a special workshop designed just for undergrad researchers who want to involve human participants in survey research, experimental protocols, ethnography, interviews, focus groups & other methods for an honours thesis, independent study or are applying for an Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) that is coming up soon.
5 DATES & TIMES – SAME WORKSHOP REPEATED ON SUBSEQUENT DATES:
By: Karen Szala-Meneok (Senior Ethics Advisor)
SAME WORKSHOP REPEATED:
Tues. Jan. 17th - 11:30 – 12:20 a.m. MUSC – Room 214
Wed. Jan. 18th 12:30-1:20 p.m. MUSC Room 214
Thu. Jan. 19th 10:30—11:20 a.m. MUSC Room 214
Mon. Jan. 23rd 3:30- 4:20 p.n. MUSC 214
Tues. Jan. 24th 2:30-3:20 p.m. MUSC 313
JUST COME WITH YOUR IDEAS & QUESTIONS. YOU DON’T HAVE TO HAVE A COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM TO ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP!
- The ethics review process, how long it takes & where to get advice & find samples
- Common stumbling blocks and how to avoid them
- What to do if you don’t know what questions you will be asking
- How to complete the ethics application and use it to writing a stronger research proposal
- What to do if your research is online, overseas or in local schools etc.
- Ask questions about your specific research project
For more info: Call extension 26117 or email Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org No Registration Required!
< Poster >